If you spend hours collecting DIY ideas on Pinterest you have certainly spotted the many creations in glass jars. Beautifully customizable storage pots and whimsical wedding decorations create a strong trend – glass jars illuminate to create a romantic and magical atmosphere both indoors and outdoors. The jar lamp comes in a thousand and one variants of luminous creations of mind recollection which constitute an original decorative accent in the decoration.
Hanging jar lamp for a vintage corner in the bedroom.
Autumn decoration with bright glass jars dressed in burlap.
Shabby chic jar lamp
Necessary material :
- glass jar 900 ml
- jar lamp adapter kit with zinc lid
- a chalk effect paint tube
- a brush
- a vintage filament bulb – the website bulbs.retro.com offers a wide range of vintage bulbs and accessories needed for mounting your jar lamp.
- a lampshade
Create a shabby chic jar lamp for a soft and romantic decor accent.
Steps to follow :
- Repaint the jar with chalk paint to give it a vintage patina look. Let it dry before painting a second coat.
- Once the paint is dry, go with the sheet of sandpaper on some parts of the jar. Focus on the raised scriptures.
The necessary materials – a vintage lamp kit, a 950 ml glass jar and a decorative paint jar.
Vintage and shabby chic look made with a chalky finish paint.
Use color paint of your preference that will be in harmony with the rest of the interior.
With or without shade, this lamp jar will do its little effect in the decor.
Original aquarium lamp to put on the bedside table of your child.
Necessary material :
- a Mason Jar jar with wide opening
- lamp adapter kit
- figurines of tropical fish in plastics
- a shade 25 cm in diameter
- a lightbulb
- blue food coloring, 2 packets of powdered gelatin
- a hot glue gun
- a sheet of adherent film
Opt for colorful plastic fish to give your aquarium a tropical look.
Steps to follow :
- Fill the jar with water. Add two drops of blue dye, then glycerine.
- Pour the water in a saucepan. Add a little more water knowing that a quantity of it will evaporate during cooking.
- Melt two packets of gelatin in the water. Boil the water. Let cool before transferring to the jar
- Leave in the fridge for 1-2 hours. The consistency of gelatin should not be too firm. Otherwise, it will be difficult to insert the fish.
- Using the hot glue gun, put some glue on the inside of the metal cover as shown in the picture below.
- Once the gelatin is set but not completely solidified, insert the plastic fish with a pair of tweezers.
- Cover the opening of the jar with a sheet of adhesive film and cut the excess.
- Screw the lid on the jar.
The Nemo clownfish is probably one of the most beloved heroes of children.
The lamp jar sometimes hides small decorative treasures.
Material required for the manufacture of an oil lamp:
- 3 glass jars with lids of different sizes
- paraffin oil
- a piece of cotton wick with oil lamp
- 3 mm wick holders
Small oil lamps to give a warm atmosphere to the table.
- Drill a hole in the center of the metal cover.
- Pass the sleeve through the hole in the cover so that both ends are at an equal distance from the hole.
- Attach the washer and screw the fitting onto the cover.
- Cut a piece of wick a little longer than the depth of the glass jar.
- Pass the cotton wick through the hole in the lid.
- Fill the glass jar with paraffin oil.
- Screw on the cover and let the bit slightly protrude over the fitting. If the wick is too long, it may smoke when lit.
- Before lighting the lamp, let the wick be imbibed with oil.
Romantic lighting for your center-table.
Material needed for a night light constellation:
- a disposable aluminum dish
- a glass jar
- an adhesive LED lamp to click
- a punch
- a pair of scissors
- Take the disposable plate and cut an aluminum sheet large enough to cover the pot.
- Using the punch, trace the small dots of the constellations.
- Use a sharpie gray felt to connect the dots.
- Drill the rest of the sheet of holes even smaller than those of the constellations.
- Insert the foil wrapped in the jar.
- Turn on the LED lamp and place it inside the glass jar.
- Screw on the lid.
Constellation night light in jar the perfect and foil alu.
A simple but original recycle spirit lamp
The necessary equipment :
- a glass jar
- an electric cable
- a socket
- a filament bulb
- a switch
- an outlet
- cable gland, strain relief and a nut
- in plastic
- a hammer and a nail
- On the lid of the jar draw a circle corresponding to the diameter of the socket. Using a hammer and a nail, drill holes all the way through the drawn circle. Cut out the marked circle using a cutter.
- Then proceed to mount the socket. Unscrew the socket as shown in the photo below to then pass the cable inside the base.
- Strip off the power cable. Be careful that the two copper tips do not come into contact.
- Connect the socket. Pass the cable inside the base, then insert it into the small holes in the socket connector and tighten the lugs.
- Open the electrical outlet and insert the two bare wires from the other end of the cable into the holes provided.
The steps of mounting the socket.
Hand lamp made of hemp rope.
Bedside lamp decorated with autumn leaves in felt.
Easy science experiment for little discoverers – a lava jar lamp
To make these pretty lava lamps you will need:
- glass jars
- vegetable oil
- some water
- food coloring
- antacid tablets
DIY pineapple bedside lamp for a summer hit in the decor.
Bright jar with gemstones in colored glass.
Recycled lamp with simple design that has a beautiful set.
Have the jar illuminated with a solar led cover suitable for a mason jar.
Original Halloween decoration in bright spider web jar.
Put a fake LED candle inside the jar to have a nice Halloween candle.
The simple design of the jar lamp allows you to customize it in a thousand ways.
Luminous jars turned into outdoor lanterns.
These symmetrical floor lamps will be very chic in an entrance hall.
Decorative solar jar with nice lid customized with animal figurines.
Desk lamp with lid in natural wood.
DIY hanging lamp with jars recycled in colored glass.
Original luminaire in three jars ideal to decorate a staircase, a shelf or a windowsill.
Bright aquarium lamp
Imagine the aquarium of your dreams.
Create a magic candle with a glass jar and phosphorescent paint.
Light garland in jars
Lamp jar with custom shade.
Vegetable oil lamps illuminated by floating candles.
The old filament bulbs are revived.
Jar of fireflies for a fairy tale decoration.
Designer pendant with copper accents.
The bright jars are a nice decorative accent for upcoming holidays.